Let the shadows in

    This is a true story about how I started this blog in the first place. 

    I absolutely love horror movies. I'm not really sure when it all started though. It could have been with "Child's Play", since I was about 6 years old when I saw it on TV (by accident) and asked my mom for a Chucky doll. She didn't even know what I was talking about, so she took me to the toy store and I picked the one I found was the most similar. Got home and painted its face with scars. Obviously, my mom took the doll away from me the instant she saw it...
    I also happened to wake up in the middle of the night, when I was about 8 years old, with the screams of Jesus Christ, being nailed to the cross. My mom ran to my room to turn the TV off, because I could not move.

    Now, I watch horror movies all the time and I just can't get enough.

    But, one thing I have noticed is that, if you watch too many scary movies, you just...get used to beying scared. Eventually, that fear that you felt before, transforms into something else. It becomes a sort of enchantment. You start to see horror and scary things as something beautiful.
    That was the reason I created this blog. To show you all how darkness can also be delightful.
    You know? All those times you went to bed, turned off the light and sensed a presence besides you? Those times when you woke up in the middle of the night, to grab a cup of water, and stopped because you saw a shadow in the hall? Those times when you heard someone breathing in your ear while you were sleeping? Embrace it!
    
    Let the shadows in, and you will finally know them. They are unconditionally alluring...

Comments

  1. This was something you told me before
    Those incidents as a child definitely had influence on you, so it makes sense you went down the dark path ( ☉д⊙)
    I'm enjoying your stories, so keep it coming!
    But I can't let the shadows in
    If they get in, I'll make myself out (;゚д゚)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts