The Clearence Manor

    It was a weird day to visit an amusement Park. The dark clouds where threatning rain any moment and the wind was strong.
    Clearence Manor was the new attraction. Every kid wanted to enter the haunted house to see the horrors that were expecting them. I was one of those kids.
The instant I bought the ticket I felt goosebumps all over my body. "Exciting!" I thought. Unlike the other attractions in the Park, that one did not have a person selling the tickets. It was a vending machine. There was no age limits to enter the house and maybe that was the reason why there were no people collecting the tickets either. That was what I thought. 
    I entered alone, as my friends where too scared to join me. They prefered other kinds of adrenaline. I allways loved the kind from horror movies and scary things. 
    I steped into the house and the door closed behind me. I tried to open it but it was locked. "Part of the show." I thought. I proceeded through the hall, with my legs shaking, admiring the set. There were dozens of paintings on the walls. When I got to the end of the hall, there where stairs. I could hear sounds coming from the upper floor so I walked slowly. My fear was tangible and I was starting to sweat.
    When I got to the second floor I was mesmorized. It was a corridor that surrounded the house, leaving an open space to watch the people on the floor bellow (inspite there was no one). I was surprised I was the only one there, but I never thought much about it. I took the path on the right, following the sound. As I got closer, I could hear it clearer. "Voices." I thought. A door was opened and I took a peak inside, trying to see something. The moment I saw the twins I had to put my hand in front of my mouth not to scream. They where much more frightning then the description on the brochure. They were...disgustingly desfigured. They both had a hunchback and their faces where swollen. The eyes seemed to be where they where not suposed to and the teeth were all wrong as well.
Although I was terrified, I told myself that it was all fake and listened to what they where saying.
- Dad will be very pleased. We got shower by ourselves today! He wont call us freaks anymore!
That scared me. That attraction was being way more creepy than I ever imagined. I proceeded to the left of the corridor, trying to get out of there.
    On my way I saw a million of empaled cats, though I could swear I saw them mooving, looking at me. As I crossed the corridor I saw another door. As my curiosity was demanding, I entered. It was an old kitchen. Well...everything was old in that house. But that kitchen was just...horrific. I was about to leave when I heard a noise. I looked back and...the stove just got on by itself. "Special effects." I thought. Then, the glasses of the table whent from a corner to another, just like magic. The chandelier started to shake. I had to get out. I ran back to the corridor and got to the end of it, where there were more stairs. This time, leading back to the first floor. I thought I was finally free, but when I got to the first floor again I found a woman. She seemed very scared and was pointing to another door. As she was dressed as a waiteress I deduced she was part of the set. I looked to where she was pointing and finally saw her. The poor child of Mr. Clearence. Emilly. She and her brother and sister, the twins, where problematic fetuses. She was the one who ended up killing their mother during birth. Emilly was desfigured on the face and could not move any part of her body, except for her mouth (though she was also mute). But her face was not like her brother and sister. She simply had...no face at all. She was blindfolded all the time so people hould not have to bare seing her orbits and she had only two holes where her nose should be. Poor Emilly...
    The father, Mr. Clearence, abused the three children, since they where little. When the twins turned eighteen he put them working as freakshows on the local fair. As for the poor Emilly, she was sexually abused by him since she turned sixteen.
    And this is why the story of the Clearence Manor is so different from the other horror stories. Because this one does not need a ghost. As I saw Emilly, laying on the floor, I felt she was looking at me, even though she was blindfolded. My fear felt more real then ever. She was whispering something. Her mouth kept moving, but I didn't understand what she was saying. I whanted to get closer but my feet could not move. I was so scared.
    It was then that she started screaming. She scremed so loud that the whole house seemed to move. The chairs on the room lifted and were hanging in the air in front of me. It was her all the time. The moving empaled cats, the stove turning on, the glasses... Everything. Emilly was haunting the place. It was her. Her fury, her rage against her father that raped her while she couldn't even defend herself.
I started crying, feeling sorry for her. But I still could not move. She made a gutering sound and I ran... 
I ran as fast as I could, until I got to a big door. I pushed it with all my strength and it opened. I was finally oustide. 
When I got out my friends where expecting me. 
- Where have you been?
- I told you I was going to see the Clearence Manor. 
- The what? - they asked. 
- The Clearen... 
The moment I turned, there was nothing there. The house was gone.
- Did you just say Clearence Manor? - one of my friends asked.
- Yes...
- Girl you are crazy. That house was here before the Park. They closed it because it was really old. No one lived there anymore. At least it is what adults say. But I heard it was haunted by the youngest daughther! Emilly. 
    Later that day I discovered that the Clearence familly had died ten years ago and that many people in the village beleived Emilly was  a witch, since she was allways moving her mouth, whispering gibberish. They say she was catching spells as a way to deal with her father abuses. She ended up killing her familly, though the police never discovered how she could have done it due to her condition. But the knives had Emilly's fingerprints, therefore, she was sentenced to death. 
    I never understood what happened with me that day at the Park. But it sure was a hell of a nightmare... Or so I thought... 

Comments

  1. Poor Emilly and family (/ω\)
    Clearance Manor could have been the end of the line for the main character but her sympathy ended up saving her
    The moral of the story is that we should always confirm if a haunted place still exists before entering it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts